Discussions
Conversations on Wisdom: Judith Glück
by Jean Matelski Boulware Judith Glück is a professor of Developmental Psychology at the University of Klagenfurt in Austria. Her research focuses on wisdom of the individual and how it develops over time. She also studies contextual conditions for the

• COMMENTS
  • Sat, Apr 2 2016 5:02 PM

Jean Matelski Boulware

by Jean Matelski Boulware Judith Glück is a professor of Developmental Psychology at the University of Klagenfurt in Austria. Her research focuses on wisdom of the individual and how it develops over time. She also studies contextual conditions for the
  • Wed, Apr 13 2016 3:32 PM

Ron Krumpos

A person who is wise in some aspects of life may be quite unwise in other areas. I believe that one criteria for wisdom is awareness of how little you really know. At age 76 I have gathered a lot of knowledge, but remain clueless about many matters. When
  • Sun, Apr 17 2016 2:27 PM

Mike Collins

Everyone has wisdom. There are different areas of wisdom and some areas are more important than others. My auto mechanic may have the wisdom to help me keep my car safe but may not (or may) have the more important wisdom to help me keep my children safe
  • Thu, Apr 21 2016 1:16 PM

Jean Matelski Boulware

Ron and Mike, Thank you both for your comments! Ron, I think you are correct in that epistemic humility is one of the foundations of wisdom. Mike, I think we do gain knowledge in various areas to varying degrees and maybe the wisdom comes from knowing
  • Wed, Apr 27 2016 11:16 AM

Judith Gluck

Thank you both for your comments! I very much agree that epistemic humility is one of the most central aspects of wisdom. The wisest participants in our study clearly said that they were still learning, that there were so many things that they didn't
  • Wed, Apr 27 2016 5:08 PM

Ron Krumpos

Judith you said that your son was on the Internet 'a lot.' I spend about three hours a day on the Net. Each morning begins with reading world, national and science news on Reuters, the BBC, Associated Press, Washington Post, and CNN. RSS feeds
  • Fri, Apr 29 2016 6:53 AM

Judith Gluck

Ron, I completely agree. We actually did a little ethnographic study on how wise people live their lives (5 wisdom nominees from our first large study who were really quite wise according to all measures), and we found that they use the media, including
Join the Network    
Users are able to post wisdom-related news & publications, maintain a profile, and participate in discussion forums.

Recent Discussions

Discussion Suggestions

admin@wisdomresearch.org