Discussions
A wisdom of intentional ignorance?
The Defining Wisdom Project co-leader, Howard Nusbaum, recently wrote an interesting blog entry for Psychology Today , entitled “The Wisdom of Intentional Ignorance.” [ Read his blog here ] This blog entry got me thinking about a possible relationship

• COMMENTS
  • Tue, May 5 2009 9:31 AM

Joy Wattawa

The Defining Wisdom Project co-leader, Howard Nusbaum, recently wrote an interesting blog entry for Psychology Today , entitled “The Wisdom of Intentional Ignorance.” [ Read his blog here ] This blog entry got me thinking about a possible relationship
  • Thu, May 14 2009 11:40 AM

Charlie Huenemann

Nusbaum's article reminds me of discussions some years back of the rationality of Ulysses/Odysseus ordering his men to tie him to the mast(and stuff their ears with wax) as they sailed past the sirens. He knew that they would all succumb to their
  • Tue, May 19 2009 8:22 AM

Michael Legaspi

Thanks for drawing our attention to this interesting question and Howard’s recent post. I don’t think it’s ever wise to choose ignorance. I would argue, however, that putting on “blinders” can be an important component of wisdom. Blinders do not just
Join the Network    
Users are able to post wisdom-related news & publications, maintain a profile, and participate in discussion forums.

Recent Discussions

Discussion Suggestions

admin@wisdomresearch.org