Discussions
Lean on Me and Let It Be: Wisdom in Ordinary Language
This is an exciting time to be working on wisdom! This website attests to the emergence of a new network of interdisciplinary academic research on wisdom, and the excitement that has attended it reminds me, in my capacity as a student of the Enlightenment

• COMMENTS
  • Thu, Jul 2 2009 12:10 PM

Joy Wattawa

This is an exciting time to be working on wisdom! This website attests to the emergence of a new network of interdisciplinary academic research on wisdom, and the excitement that has attended it reminds me, in my capacity as a student of the Enlightenment
  • Mon, Jul 6 2009 9:08 PM

Michael Legaspi

Thanks, Ryan, for a creative and thoughtful post. The problem with the study of wisdom is indeed its oldness. The word ‘wisdom’ conjures a long and complex history of sustained attempts to discover the meaning of life. This history, along with the conceptual
  • Mon, Aug 10 2009 3:46 AM

Judith Gluck

Dear Ryan, Thank you very much for these really interesting and exciting ideas that triggered lots of thoughts in me and also nicely got me back into the “feeling” of the wisdom conference last week … it was really a great meeting, but I wonder if it
  • Mon, Aug 10 2009 3:48 AM

Judith Gluck

Ooops, as this comment has been posted long after it was originally written, the wisdom conference was no longer "last week" -- but still nice to think back! :-)
  • Sun, Aug 16 2009 6:51 PM

John Uebersax

An excellent suggestion, Ryan -- to look for clues to Wisdom in popular music, and to take common language seriously for scientific investigation. Artistic expression comes from the unconscious, which, many seem to agree is 'wiser' than ordinary
Join the Network    
Users are able to post wisdom-related news & publications, maintain a profile, and participate in discussion forums.

Recent Discussions

Discussion Suggestions

admin@wisdomresearch.org