Discussions
Individual wisdom, group wisdom, textual wisdom – different perspectives on the same thing??
When I was asked to write about the topic of “wisdom as a property of individuals vs. groups” it took me quite some time to get my unordered thoughts on this topic into some structure. I found out that I’d rather write about wisdom as a property of individuals

• COMMENTS
  • Mon, Sep 7 2009 11:19 PM

Joy Wattawa

When I was asked to write about the topic of “wisdom as a property of individuals vs. groups” it took me quite some time to get my unordered thoughts on this topic into some structure. I found out that I’d rather write about wisdom as a property of individuals
  • Tue, Sep 8 2009 8:15 AM

Tom Flanagan

Judith, Thank you for priming the pump on this significant topic. As you point out, groups can be a misdirected as even the most misdirected of individuals, so part of the challenge one needs to engage is enriching our language with respect to types of
  • Tue, Sep 8 2009 9:16 AM

Gordon Raynal

If wisdom is a kind of knowledge and knowledge accumulates, then there should be enormous amounts around today, and more tomorrow. If wisdom is a kind of knowledge, then after some 200,000+/- years of modern homo sapiens on the planet one would think
  • Tue, Sep 8 2009 7:39 PM

Anthony Liew

Greetings. I have done some work on wisdom study. I believe definition of wisdom is a must in various discussions of wisdom. It may be difficult but at least it serves as a basis for agreement and disagreement. Here is my deniftion: "Wisdom is the
  • Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:58 PM

Gordon Raynal

[note: I sent this reply to Anthony Liew's response this morning via responding to the email that I got. When I arrived home and checked the web this afternoon I found that my response was not in the responses. So, here is what I wrote.] Anthony,
Join the Network    
Users are able to post wisdom-related news & publications, maintain a profile, and participate in discussion forums.

Recent Discussions

Discussion Suggestions

admin@wisdomresearch.org