On Wisdom podcast
Click here to listen to their podcast!
About this Episode
What does goal-setting have to do with wisdom and how do we pick wise goals? Ayelet Fishbach joins Igor and Charles to discuss the dangers of moving too swiftly from planning-mode to action-mode, how to compromise across multiple goals, and why we need to rethink our relationships with vegetables! Igor underscores the importance of thinking of wisdom as a process rather than an outcome, Ayelet encourages us to change our situation rather than ourselves, and Charles learns the benefits of approaching a choice as if you’d make it 100 times. Welcome to Episode 49.
- Ayelet Fishbach's Personal Website
- Get It Done: Surprising Lessons from the Science of Motivation - by Ayelet Fishbach
- Behavioral Science Authors Series - Ayelet Fishbach
- We’re Good at Motivating Others, but What About Ourselves? | Knowledge at Wharton
- Good Habits, Bad Habits: A Conversation with Wendy Wood | Behavioral Scientist
- Wisdom is a social-ecological rather than person-centric phenomenon | Science Direct - Grossmann, Dorfman, Oakes (2020)